When Bryan travels I must fill my days with fun and keep myself and the boys busy or boredom and housebound-ness sets in. Our church was having a concert given by some absolutely adorable kids from all around the world on Sunday evening. They were all a part of an organization called "World Help." I'm assuming that's very similar to Compassion or World Vision. This was their choir that they send out internationally. (the choir that came to sing for us is the bottom picture of the three on that link). I took a chance, dropped off Austin at the child care, and took Ethan in with me to watch the kids sing. I thought he might like it since he loves singing. Unfortunately, it took an hour of other people talking about missions (and Ethan getting restless) before the kids even appeared on stage. Not like I have anything against missions, but with a 3 year old, an hour is a LOOOOONG time. When the kids came in, though, call it the "mommy syndrome," but I felt my eyes watering and I wanted to CRY!! I don't even know why, except that these kids were so passionate about singing for the Lord and praising His name. They just sang their hearts out!
Us before the start of the performance. We ended up leaving a little early mostly because Ethan was tired and asked, "mommy, can we go home now?" I know I pushed it a little, but I think it was rewarding and exciting for him to see all those kids from different countries singing together and loving the Lord together. On another not, we sort of look similar, you think? The cheeks maybe?
The part of the night that most touched me was the fact that most of these children are orphans or they have only one parent. They are on tour for 10 months!! That's a long time, but if you have no family and this is your family, what a blessing for them. This little girl in the middle was from Uganda and she had some spunk! They were all moving so much and were so energetic it was hard to get a good picture of them. Other than the fact that I was moved to damp eyes (no tears rolled down since I was trying not to have Ethan wonder what was wrong) it was such a blessing to me to hear these sweet souls sing songs together to God. Wow - awesome night.
No comments:
Post a Comment