4.30.2008

Brave or Crazy?

I've been wanting an earring in the top of my ear for a while now, probably around a year, and yesterday I finally did it! Of course it was with my sister-in-law (might as well just say sister) next to me cheering me on and being my bad influence! ha ha!! You know...it just didn't hurt as bad as I'd psyched myself up for it to hurt. According to the girl there, "if you can give birth to two kids, you can pierce your cartilage." So after signing my life away and agreeing that I could get some HUGE-named disease if not taken care of properly, the earring was stabbed in. Just a small sting - not even as bad as my first hole. Wow! Now I have a cute little 14 kt white gold CZ stud in my ear. FUN! No, there will be no nose piercing or lip or belly button piercing either...I couldn't pull THAT off (Bryan's not really even thrilled with this one), but here's the evidence of my new little jewel...

Marisa took this shot. The boys, meanwhile, were investigating all that Claire's had to offer in the way of lipgloss, hair scrunchies, and earrings. They were all "petty..." by the way.. to Austin. Ethan was just having fun "chasing" his cousin and brother around the VERY small store. I could barely fit my "limo" stroller in there. Me and decision-making do not agree, so let's just say that it was a record for me to decide to do it and DO it in that short of a time. I had to when 3 small children are involved. That's one thing my kids have helped me in...having to decide in a MINUTE what to do about something.... NOT my forte, but I'm working on it.
And here she is, Miss Beautiful next to me. We had such a fun time eating our Italian food and walking with the kids. Next time we'll have to let our kids bring their suits and play in the kids' fountain...since that was all Ethan wanted to talk about for a while afterwards. Thanks, Marisa, for making the drive! I had SO much fun AND I have a souvenir to remember it by!

2 comments:

Reka Pica said...

Welcome to the 90's haha just kidding it looks cute. I got mine done when I was 19 havent worn an earring in it since i was 21 and its still open.

Kristy said...

Yay! I love it. It looks so cute and SASSY on you!! :) I had mine done a long time ago....(can't remember when) and I loved it. But I couldn't get a hoop to stay in it for some reason, I kept losing them and eventually I got sick of replacing them and it closed up. :( You've inspired me... maybe I'll get it redone! I remember mine didn't hurt all that much when I got it done either, but then a few days later I hit it when I was washing my hair and HOLY COW. I had to spend some time sitting on the floor of the shower with my head between my knees.