4.05.2008

Huge Accomplishments

What constitutes a huge accomplishment in my house? Well one thing is the fact that I actually, finally subscribed to iTunes and programmed the iPod Bryan gave me back in February!! I've been holding out because, honestly, who wants to take the time to do that when I can write on my blog? Right? ha ha! It took my headphones (or mp3 player - I don't know yet) going out at the gym while I was running to finally get me to spend the time shuffling my songs to my new toy. Another huge accomplishment...a photo of the two of my boys together actually looking at the camera AND being cute!!! (see below)
Ethan was all excited about taking a picture and he wanted to see every one that I snapped. Notice Austin's devious look. He has the best expressions and you can read so much of his communication just by looking at him. We talk to each other sometimes through looks we give each other.

Had to take a "daddy and me (or us)" shot. There's definitely some resemblance there.

Our neighbor is this sweet lady (who's on her 6th or 7th Mary Kay pink cadillac simply because of sales!!) and she is always saying hi and giving the boys little treats from her gift baskets. They know that they'll get little kisses and words such as "mi amore," "te quien" and everything else that shows them they're loved. They're learning Spanish, too, which is a bonus! (and I'm brushing up on my Spanish) She gave them these little heart suckers which were a huge hit. They spent the next half hour sucking those down.

I had to include this one because when I said "show me your candy.." this is what the response was. Ethan always holds it in front of his face and Austin, well, shows me his mouth with the candy in it?

My sister came over with the kids and it was a welcome visit! It's always nice to be able to talk to her (in person since we talk for hours on the phone...) and have the kids hang out together. I think Ethan has learned how to be very imaginative from Mikayla and they must have played "Simon says" at some point because that's all I heard about for the next day.... The boys have fun with their cousins.

Playing train in the backyard.

My friend Kathy took my sister and me out for lunch to celebrate our be-lated birthdays from last month. We had wanted to go with JUST the three of us, but due to lack of sitters and parents to watch the kids, we took the zoo with us to BJs. Talk about a huge accomplishment! A lunch without any HUGE dramas even when there's 5 kids involved. We got a great table (as they could see out the window behind them) and had a really fun time (albeit noisy and active). Needless to say we didn't talk TOO much, but enjoyed the company. Drama did hit outside, though, when Ethan re-ripped open the already healing scab on his knee after falling on the bricks. THAT was drama....from the one who was bleeding at least. After seeing the blood, you'd think he'd ruptured his spleen he was crying so hard.... thank you, Riva, for the sanitizing wipes...which could explain the screams of pain I guess.

Me and Kathy. I won't even go into how long we've known each other. Let's just say it was before any serious dating, marriages or kids. Lifelong friends - another wonderful accomplishment!

1 comment:

Janette said...

Cara,
Congratulations on all the accomplishments....you go girl!
I'm hoping we can get our boys together soon.
You look great!

Love ya,

Janette