4.08.2008

Afternoon in Murrieta

My mother-in-law has been wanting to have my sister and her kids down for a while now and today worked out just perfectly for all of us. It was a long haul for Riva, but we all managed to get the kiddos to Murrieta intact and ready for fun. My mother-in-law spoiled Riva and me so much that I believe all we did was sit down, eat, and maybe every once in a while walk around to make sure our kids weren't tripping down the stairs or falling into the pond out back. Her kind heart is amazing. We had yummy pasta with chicken and mushrooms, croissants, and fruit, followed by an AMAZING strawberry pie from Marie Callendars. I'm warning you - don't click there if you don't want to be tempted. It's one of the BEST pies... along with their Caramel Apple Cheesecake in the fall...Mmmmmm. We just hung out and enjoyed ourselves while perusing Sandra Lee's cookbooks (yummy looking recipes) and watching the kids do whatever it is they wanted to do. What a day!! Thank you Terri (and my dear father-in-law for assembling the new basketball hoop for them to play with).
Lynnea enjoying Auntie's arms...for now at least. She's getting a little anxiety being in someone else's arms where she can SEE mommy, but not be held by mommy. Isn't she a doll?


Golfing - one of the fun sports around my house of late. Does anyone out there actually ENJOY watching golf on TV? Anyone? Because I really don't, but Ethan does. He will play and emulate any sport that's on TV. Remind me not to put on boxing (is that really a sport?) not like I'd watch it anyways..

Boys will be boys...this ended by throwing water everywhere. It began with popping the innocent little bubbles on the surface...

Watching a movie while being comfy-cozy on the floor and the couch. Tyler's got it made with the soft, pillowy cushions underneath him. Oh, and he's got to stroke the pillow - we all get loves with Tyler. Austin wasn't himself today since yesterday he was diagnosed, again, with a double ear infection AND a slight throat irritation. Funny thing was, I missed the first one - didn't see any signs except irritability, which I said later, "oh, maybe that's why he was so cranky." So this time I took him in as a follow-up to the medicine (finished a month ago...) since he was being cranky again (more so than usual) and sure enough...he has a fever while we're at the doctor, and he has another ear infection...*sigh*

Terri holding Lynnea. We had an awesome time and I feel so spoiled by this morning of good eats and relaxation. Thank you, Riva, for coming down with me, and thank you, Terri, for taking such good care of us! We had a blast!

1 comment:

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

ah man... you guys were so close!!! Wish I could have been a fly on the wall... looks like you had a very relaxing time. Fun!