2.27.2008

Sun, Sandboxes, and Shoes

I must say that while I'm talking on the phone (which is a lot in the mornings, to Riva mostly, and Marisa), the sound of wagons being rolled across tile is very distracting and loud. I can't complain, though, because I probably shouldn't be on the phone as much as I am. Maybe it's a sign. Just kidding. Fortunately, yesterday the sun came out and we made our way to the long-awaited moments of digging into the sandbox.

Rolling the wagons back and forth, back and forth....just waiting for that sun to come out.


Austin has always loved shoes and socks. Every once in a while he will go over and try on his shoes or someone else's. He even brings me mine when we aren't going anywhere. I can't wait to see when he becomes a teenager...he may have more than the typical male shoe count of 3 pairs.

Sandbox heaven. It was a little damp, still, so it stuck really well in the molds. Austin liked taking it OUT of the sandbox, but me being the ever present rule-monger (is that a word?) always had to remind him that daddy wants his grass sand-free (as does mommy because I'd have to clean it up). For the most part they both really had a fun time and didn't get that dirty! Surprise, surprise. Although I wouldn't have minded, but maybe when they are IN the sandbox this summer it will be a different story.

Just a little camera fun with the wagons. I have to be artistic SOMEtimes.

I just thought this was a cute pic. He couldn't look at me because it was so bright behind me. This was moments before all those bubbles he's holding went all over his pants. At least they smell like grape. Could be worse....

4 comments:

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

Great pictures! Hey! How did you do the coloring on the wagon picture? What program? I have always wanted to do that, and I end up doing it with a long process... any hints of advice?

Cara said...

Thanks, Heidi! It's actually a setting on my Canon camera. Unfortunately I have no graphics programs right now (too expensive) so I have to do the little things with my camera. In photoshop you can do it, too.

Janette said...

Cara, Love the Pink!
Your little guys are sooo cute! Sure enjoy your blog.
See you soon! Love, Janette

Anonymous said...

Cara,

I don't think I've told you before, but thanks for posting on your site regularly. Even though I get to see you and your three guys regularly, it's nice to keep up with all of you like this. I know it means a lot to the extended family that you and your sister take the time to make such creative entries. Have a wonderful day, sweetie!

__Dad__