2.25.2008

Women's Retreat

Ok I promised myself I'd take ONE picture of my women's retreat this weekend in Costa Mesa. I didn't do it. I somehow managed to forget my camera in the hotel room the one time that we actually left the hotel to do something fun. That's not like me, but it has been lately. My mind hasn't been on recording life's moments as it should be. We Northpoint ladies did have a wonderful time getting into God's word and learning about the Fear of God. Elizabeth Inrig spoke and she was pretty funny, so it kept us all awake and paying attention. A group of us managed to go to Ruby's on the Balboa Pier AND Vie en France at South Coast Plaza on our time away on Saturday afternoon. Needless to say, we had an "eating outing" and enjoyed every minute!

Today I decided, also, since Mondays are so LONG with Bryan at work and school, to meet my sister-in-law at McDonalds up by Lake Silverwood. Why, you ask, go so far away? Well, she lives in Palmdale so that was a good half-way distance and the only thing that's there is....McDonalds. It doesn't even have a play place!! You could tell it was a stopping point for all the snow boarders and snow lovers. What better place to load up on energy than your local Mickey D's for your day size serving of fries? I can't think of a better place! We were able to hang out and talk in person rather than hours on the phone like usual! Isn't it funny though, when you get together with another mom in person, the conversation is less than when you're on the phone at home? Maybe because you're encouraging your children to eat, pouring "dip" into containers, refilling drinks, OH and did I mention, cleaning a really runny-escaping out the back end of the diaper-poop with only two remaining wipes in the bathroom? (And then you get out to the car and your 1 1/2 year old manages to spill his ENTIRE drink in his lap (of 1/2 soda 1/2 water) and is soaking wet and screaming!!!) I have this same discussion with Riva. We can have one 20 minute conversation in the course of 2 hours when we're in the same room together with our kids, but a 1 1/2 hour conversation about lots of stuff on the phone. Hmm... go figure.

No comments: