Today my friend Mina and I decided to brave an extracurricular activity together. Since we hadn't hung out in so long, we finally put a date on the calendar and it worked the second time around (after bouts of sickness with me and my kids). We initially thought we'd go to the Discovery Science Center (the cube), but after standing there for a couple minutes before Mina got there, I encountered hundreds (and I'm not exaggerating) of students overtaking the entrance. Not somewhere I want to be. A highlight, however, was the fact that the KTLA news van was there and I was actually able to HUG
Gayle Anderson from KTLA morning news. When I used to watch the news in the morning (before I had to watch Sesame Street), I always loved her little community stories because she has the sweetest attitude and a funny sense of humor. I approached her and said, "I love you on the KTLA morning news, Gayle!" and gave her a hug. It was so cool. The things that make us happy... Well, Mina and I ditched the museum plans and headed to the Santa Ana Zoo where the weather was perfect and the kids played together so well!

This is Mina's littlest, Ava. She was a trooper - sitting in the stroller watching the boys all day.

Austin, Ethan, and Aiden (did I spell that right, Mina?) They stopped for two seconds to take this shot, but Eli didn't want to join the boys. We almost got all 4 of them.

I had to include the picture of the Capybara. Look at those lips!! These guys always make me laugh because they remind me of my guinea pigs from long ago. You just want to squish it!!!
Aiden and Ethan watching the monkeys. All the boys had to constantly climb the wooden fences. Must be moving all the time.....

And here was my attempt to get a fun picture of me and the boys to have as a keepsake of our trip to the zoo. Mina, bless her heart, took 4 and there wasn't a dry eye in any of them. This one was the best as far as feeling the emotion of the moment. Is it that hard to pose for a picture? I guess so when there are SO many more important things to see and climb on. I won't take it personally, boys. Thanks, Mina, for a FUN day! I look forward to our next outing.
No comments:
Post a Comment