2.18.2008

Birthday...Chaos?

So if there was one thing I wanted to do with my family to get away for my birthday, it was to go on the boat. Only there it can be peaceful, relaxing, quiet....wait...I have two children. That doesn't exist except during naptime!! Regardless, we had a wonderful time with my birthday wish of going on the boat. It was freezing at first, but it started slowly warming up and since I'm the laziest mom on the planet, I neglected to put sunscreen on my two pale white children and all of their cheeks turned red. I got paid back when I opened my bag while we were getting out of the boat, and the sunscreen had leaked over my camera case, book, diapers, everything in my bag. I guess I should have used it so I would have screwed the lid back on....!! Oh well. We had fun.

No sooner did I have the trolling motor running and I was docking the boat waiting for Bryan to come down, than Austin had snacks in his hands. It started with raisins and made its way to Bryan's peanut butter sandwich in a little while. We just laughed. Look at the shove into the mouth!!


Yes, another fishing shot of Ethan. But it's so cute!!! He always has fun putting his weight in the water...this time without a hook.

Our birthday evening. It was so fun because my mom's cousin, Melody and her family came over and it made it that much more special! Riva and I were so amazed at how thoughtful everyone was and our gifts were so appreciated! We didn't even NEED them and we got the most amazing things. I loved it when my Uncle Bill sang Happy Birthday on the phone to me. It was so special and really made the day memorable as well. It would have been fun to have the rest of my family there, but they were all there in my heart. Mom and Dad made an awesome spread of food and there was no one leaving hungry that night!


William entertaining the kids. This picture is blurry, but Bryan managed to catch the action as all the children were throwing around the tissue paper from our gifts. They were having so much fun and William was the center of the excitement!!

Cousin Melody with little Lynnea. Melody got all our kids little books to read. (It's perfect coming from a school librarian!) Their family is so sweet and we love seeing them when they come down to spend their days at Disneyland!

Dad and Tyler enjoying their desserts!

I'm reminded daily that we are blessed with every day on this earth. I need to live it to the fullest and never take a moment for granted. As another family member is struggling with cancer, I ask for prayer for her treatment and protection for this baby she has inside her. We know that she can beat this thing and come out stronger! Julie, my heart is with you and Bill. We love you so much!

2 comments:

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

hi Cara!~

Hey! Do you guys go the the Domenigoni Valley Reservoir when you go on your boat? Did you know, I used to visit a friend's house that is now at the bottom of that lake? Weird!

Anyway, I check your blog once in a while and just wanted to say hi!

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

p.s. Happy Belated Birthday