3.05.2008

Showers and Gardens

The day finally arrived for Jenn's shower. It was a long time in coming and it ended up being a really nice afternoon. I told my sister-in-law that I'd post my chocolate creations on my blog with a before and after so here they are...

I made them in pink and green and dusted the "ribbons" with silver edible dust. I have to say something stupid that I did before the shower that involved these guys. After I finished making the booties, I put them on my dryer in tupperware to keep until the shower. I know that you're thinking what I WASN'T thinking...ya - the dryer gets HOT while drying. Sadly to say, when I checked on them a few days before the shower, several of them were warped and sagging on their bottoms. Oops. I guess that's what happens when they reach excessively high temperatures. I salvaged what was left of them and ended up having 3 extra during the actual shower. WHEW.

Here's the "after." We nestled them on beds of whipped cream, filled them with strawberry or vanilla ice cream and topped them off with a chocolate "L" (for London) and pink sprinkles. Doesn't that just sound divine? It was. ha ha!! It did get a little hard to pick up the bootie and eat the chocolate...but I managed a couple bites. I neglected to take pictures of the decor, but Riva did a beautiful job.


Jenn showing the blanket that I made for her.

I gardened. Yes, **gasp** I did. I actually put on gardening gloves and pulled those nasty little clover things out of my front garden bed. While Bryan and I were doing that, our boys were playing golf in the garage and enjoying themselves. One casualty of that day - my favorite jeans got a RIP in the knee....guess it's time to start the hunt for new ones.....*sigh* Who likes shopping for jeans? Not me.

The boys like giving me "haircuts" with their Craftsman tools. I can't say that it bothers me since we'd all like to get a little scalp massage sometimes. However, when the wrench is used, the hair tends to get almost ripped out. That's when the haircuts stop. The saw feels pretty good, but the screwdriver aimed at the eyeballs by Austin is not pleasant.

Yummy egg rolls!!! Look at that cheesy smile and that sweet and sour sauce!

1 comment:

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

That is awesome!!! You and Riva really have a creative gift! I absolutely love those baby bootie desserts... it makes me want to have another baby just so I can ask you and Riva to throw me a shower! Seriously, Cara... great job!
Plus, the picture of the boys smiling is adorable!