3.05.2008

Train Rides and Water

We decided, since Bryan is on vacation, to take a train trip to Old Town Orange and see the sights. Ethan hadn't been on the train since he was about 6 months old, and Austin has never been on it, so it was going to be an adventure. Both boys LOVED riding it and were so excited to ride "the blue one."

I actually got a cute picture of both of them together waiting for the train. Yes, grandparents, if you'd like a copy, it can be arranged. *laugh* It doesn't happen very often and I was so excited to get this one! This was nothing like the JCPenney experience I had the other week. We won't even GO there. What is it with my boys and avoiding the camera and SOBBING along with the avoidance? Who knows, but oh well.


Ok I HAD to get a picture of my mushroom/swiss burger at Watson's. Yes, you can drool. I was. They have the BEST chocolate malts there and their burgers aren't bad either. It has such a cute 50's atmosphere and we consumed our daily calories in no time flat! It was so worth it let me tell you! They even have peanut butter and jelly for the kiddos. That gets some points!

We went to a nearby park, and while we waited for the next train, the boys went back and forth from two fountains splashing water and loving every second. Funny how the little things in life are the most fun at this age. Sitting there watching them was fun for me because I didn't have to move much.....pathetic, no?

More splashes and giggles!!

Oh and here's the one that reminded me of me when I was younger. Tree picking. Some trees BEG to have their bark picked off. This variety is one of them. Bryan mentioned he liked to pick the papery barked ones when he was little. Both of the boys loved picking this poor tree, but Ethan thought it would be fun to pick and throw the bark onto the train tracks. I can't say that it would cause a devastating train accident, but it just didn't seem right so I had to tell him to throw it on the grass. That's just not as fun, I know. All in all, we had a fun day away from home. It was a nice break!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Cara i cant believe how big the boys are getting. They look so cute and Im sure they enjoy playing together.