3.17.2008

Saturday Craziness

This was just one of those crazy weekends. I've been fortunate with my kids' health because they really haven't been too overcome with ailments during their short lifespans so far. All this to be said after our Friday night awe at seeing how much vomit can cover a Target shopping cart. We were exiting Target on Friday night and all I hear is "the cough." You moms know what that sounds like. Well, before I knew it, Austin had unwillingly regurgitated his whole days' intake onto the shopping cart as we're leaving through the doors of Target. It got ALL over the cart. And all the people around us had that look on their faces that I get when I see that sort of thing....the look that says "run - get away - and don't let me smell it!" It was out of nowhere!! We hurried to the car and threw in the kids to go home. The only dilemma - what do I do with the cart? Well, I tried to wipe down part of it with a wet wipe, only to have nowhere to put the wet wipe when it was saturated. So I'm sorry to whoever tried to get that cart and put their children in it, and to the poor employee who had to wash it down once the vomit was discovered. NOT a fun experience I tell ya!
On to the pics. I love cooking and baking, obviously, because Austin definitely knew what these oven mitts were for. I found him with both of them on, trying to turn the dials and "check" on his baking yumminess. (which there was none of but I will teach him so the girls will be in heaven) It was too adorable.

"Let's see...if I make this hotter..."

"Aw...you caught me!" Whenever the boys hear the oven timer, they chime in and say "all done!" or "it's ready!" When the toaster oven dings, Ethan actually says, "I've got an idea!"

On Saturday morning, the fam went to Lowe's and got two more Gardenia plants to put into the area that I had to pull my old, dry Gardenia out of. For some reason our sprinklers had decided to stop working there, and because we're so up on our gardening (ya, right) we didn't notice till probably a few months after it had quit. Oops. So the boys helped Daddy lay bark down after the new, green plants were in. (if you're wondering, Austin is in a diaper only because the adverse effects of his sickness in his diaper had already gotten two pairs of pants dirty. I gave up re-dressing him.)

Ok this is the strangest, craziest part of our day. After that nice, sunny day that you saw above, THIS happened. We got hail the size of peas outside. It had been really windy, but then that night it got COLD and did this. I had to take a picture so you'd believe me. It was pretty cool, but it didn't last long. That was our crazy Friday and Saturday - California can be unpredictable at times I guess. It's not all sun and games. - I know, cheesy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, gardenia plants! Nancy

Amanda said...

OMG! I cant believe your little one got sick at Target- that is one my worst fears. Our Ethan just got over the same thing over Easter weekend and then my sister got it, the Brian (he and Enid were here visiting) and then Madeleine just got is last night! UGH! Im so over VOMIT right now- hope everyone in your house is better