Day 3 (technically Day 4 if you count Bryan being in school all day) of being a 'single mom' and I'm so desperate for things to do that I'm ACTUALLY blowing up the pool so the boys can play in it. I consider myself lazy when it comes to doing things like this because it requires so much preparation (not to mention major light-headedness). I mean you have to change the kids, get the towels, lather them in sunscreen, change the diaper, and then make sure you don't have to go to the bathroom in the middle of it for fear someone might drown in "2 inches of water" while you're taking a 2 minute bathroom break. I didn't mention making sure your 3 year old goes BEFORE entering the pool, did I? Ya - well literally a minute after entering the pool, Ethan says, "mommy, I have to go potty." I felt bad because I lectured him on going BEFORE entering the pool, but realized it was probably my fault for not asking him in the first place. Then I thought, "well, this one time it wouldn't be TOO bad to have him go on the lawn..." But, I gave in, dried him off, and marched him to the bathroom instead. The lawn would have been so much easier....but once I let him do it once, well, you know......enough said.
This is what they were doing while I was blowing the pool up for 10 minutes. WHEW. I'm serious I got majorly dizzy. But one thing encouraging was.... they were READING!!! And this is NOT a stage shot. No, my boys were reading BOOKS! Amazing, but so encouraging. ha ha!
Ethan splashing it up in the pool. He was having fun splashing water with the shovel onto Carmen's house (our next door neighbor). At least it dries.
And after slipping and landing on his rear in the pool, Austin decided something else was more fun...giving mommy a "haircut." He brought out his drill - yes that's right, drill - and "cut" my hair. This is common in our house, using power tools for other uses. And yes, it does spin and tend to rip out hairs every now and then. I actually prefer the saw. It gives a nice head massage.
What's a day at the pool without watermelon? We had made a run to the grocery store and got watermelon (wasn't on my list), along with other stuff (except stamps because I ALWAYS forget them) and ate a quarter of it. I, of course, got a McDonald's coffee before going to the grocery store and endulged in that. Riva got me hooked on those. It hit the spot on a nice overcast morning.
"Don't you dare touch my watermelon, you hear? I've been a picky eater over the last 4 days and I'm scarfing this down, man. It's what a cold does to you. That, and mommy says that I'm irritable, too."


No comments:
Post a Comment