6.11.2008

Friend Fun

The Lakers FINALLY won a game in the Finals....*whew.* That was looking pretty grim. For the occasion, Bryan put the boys in their Laker t-shirts for the day. Maybe the players felt our support...ok, maybe not. We invited some good friends of ours (Craig also happens to be Bryan's old roommate in college) over for dinner and it had been TOO long since we'd seen them. They are special friends of ours and our friendship has gone from being newly married to each couple having two kids...my how time flies. We watched the game (in between feeding children and Rebekah and I talking) and somehow the Lakers managed to pull it off! We had a "man's" meal of ribs, garlic bread and pasta salad (ok, that's maybe girlie) and finished it off with berry cobbler, strawberries and pound cake, and blackberry-boysenberry sorbet (see previous post). I don't know why I felt you had to know that, but I've already typed it so it's staying. ha ha!

The boys in their Laker shirts. Can you tell how excited they were about having their picture taken? Austin's my little ham so he was trying to copy his brother who wasn't thrilled I was standing in front of his "Curious George" movie. It's not like we haven't watched it oodles of times...


Hannah smiling for the camera. Note how professionally and cleanly she ate the middle out of the bread. I was very impressed, I must say. It was fun to have a couple girls around and Ethan didn't wrestle her to the ground (I don't think). Amazing! They did play chase though. It begins..

This morning I had a couple friends of mine over with their kids. My friend Holly was in the area visiting, since she moved to Colorado with her family last year. She has two boys, Wendy has two boys, and I have two boys. Yes, 6 boys 4 and under. We almost had a whole basketball team in my backyard! Here they all are getting sludgy in our sandbox. For some reason we can't seem to keep the water out of it, even with a tarp! So it was like being at the beach...near the water line.

So then Austin EATS a handful of sand. You read it right. What is so appealing about sand...or anything in-edible for that matter? It seems he's putting everything in his mouth again. He'll be 2 in August and I thought he outgrew that. I guess I was wrong. The most disgusting thing was that he did it AGAIN after doing it a minute earlier. Honestly, after gritting it in his teeth he enjoyed it enough to repeat it?? Well, here he is realizing that it really doesn't taste good, but wondering how to get rid of it. *sigh*

Holly and her boys. It was so fun to see her but we all, of course, hardly talked since we were constantly running after children and keeping them from assaulting each other with golf clubs and fake guns. For most of them this morning the lesson we were trying to learn was how to share. Austin was having the hardest time with that one. Ethan would give Jake (the baby) a toy, and Austin would immediately take it away. Oh, the lessons we learn daily (and the amount of times we mothers have to verbalize these lessons).

3 comments:

Riva said...

Fun!! Wow, so many boys. You need to have me over to even the score...actually it still wouldn't be even. Looks like you had a great time! Love you!

Burke Smiles said...

Poor boys...why does B torment them with teams that use the refs to win Championships (2002 playoffs game 6)? Just kidding!

you know who in SacTown!

Cara said...

You're just jealous Sacman!! You WISH you could be losing the finals like we are. j/k Love you!