Last week we went over to our new friends' house, played in the pool, and had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and watermelon. All four of the kids had SUCH a good time and they were fully tired out by the time we got in the car to go home. It has been a blessing getting to know Sonja and her family. We had seen each other a long time ago at work, and ended up running into each other at Trader Joe's one day. We've started hanging out and it has been so fun getting to know each other and our families.
I guess in between pool time, we had bucket time. Whatever works! Just get tired - Veeeeery tired and sleepy! Austin wasn't so into the pool, but he did love their water table. He's not so sure about splashing yet. The swimsuit he was wearing hardly got a drop on it.
It begins. BASEBALL CLASS! I was so excited to go to Ethan's first baseball class for 3 1/2 - 4 year olds. It's called Tiny Hawks. The coaches were so awesome and his coach, Coach Casey, was so patient. You HAVE to be with that age. Here he is throwing Ethan some balls and letting him catch them and throw them back. Ethan did well, but he was really intimidated since there were so many kids and it was so new.
Sonja, David and family. Bryan had to go to his class, so it was going to be me and the boys. Sonja and her family came to support us and watch Austin for me so I could go take pictures. They even brought donuts!! They are so thoughtful and it was such a blessing to me! It was so fun to hang out before they had to go bring their kiddos to swimming class. That probably would have been cooler than an hour at the park! (Not to mention my radiator sprung a leak on the way TO the park). And no, it wasn't a hose, it was the actual radiator! I did manage to put more water in it (go Cara!!) and drive home afterwards without incident. This really nice dad next to my car was shocked, I think, to see a girl working on her car. So much so that he asked, "Are you having car trouble?" Actually, I like to open the hood now and then and look at the engine. j/k. No, it was nice of him. Now we're waiting on the new radiator we ordered from Pep Boys. Nice expensive day at the park! ha ha!
Ok so here's Ethan watching, yes WATCHING the other kids run the bases. He was too scared to run with the other kids so he stood at "home" and "observed." As much as I don't want to be the mom that is RIGHT THERE telling him what to do, here's me going, "Run, Ethan! I'll run with you - it's FUN!!" Ya, after one or two tries, I gave up. I let him stand there because he needs to observe before partaking in the activity. New things are hard. Notice the coach giving everyone high fives in the background? Ya. Then they all went to the infield and did stretches. Well, all but about 15 3 and 4 year olds. Ethan watched the coaches like they were crazy. However, by the end of the hour, Ethan was running the bases with the rest of the kids. He was finally comfortable and he did a wonderful job out there without me! I must say, though, it's a WHOLE new world out there on the ball field. There are some seasoned parents out there who KNOW what's going on and are watching like hawks so their kid can be "the next.....". No pun intended... Tiny Hawks? ha ha. Anyways...
And here's the other kids. Zechariah, Austin and Mackenzie scoping out the other players while eating their apples. In a couple years or less, both of mine will be out there. *sigh* What happens to the time??

No comments:
Post a Comment