You don't see these very often! A picture of me and Riva together. Usually we're facing the camera away from ourselves and onto our kids. I love her - she's the most awesome sister and person ever. She's got the most caring heart and she has gotten me through some tough times. This week has been a challenge and she was there to listen and encourage me - even when she was trying to make dinner and I was crying into her ear on the phone.
So onto museum pictures. Surprise, surprise, Ethan found an exhibit with balls in it. *sigh* It was in the Grossology exhibit and honestly I don't even know what this particular thing was about. This frog thing shot balls out of its nose....ok? I must say that you have to see that huge fly that Riva posted. I found it particularly gross. Ugh. But this is the one that Ethan and Austin fought over....(oh, but you couldn't see that in this picture)..... Let me just say that my almost 2 year old is very TRYING lately. And my 3 year old doesn't help matters with his "older brother bossiness" syndrome.
Awwww...cousin love. They are good buddies, even though they have different interests. I laughed because when we went to Riva's house, Mikayla was being so sweet and wanted to let the boys pick out what to watch on TV. Her one request was, "I just don't want to watch baseball. It's booooring." I laughed so hard (inside of course). What does Ethan request? "Baseball." What else? By the time we put on a cartoon, they were playing in the other room anyways. I had to laugh, though.
I had to include this picture because look at all of our faces. It looks like we're being "jolted" to sleep in the earthquake room. Are we having fun yet??? We look beat and it's not even barely 12:30 at this point. See what having kids does to you? I feel my stress level elevating every time I'm in an open place with a large group of people. You have to have eyes in the back of your head and patience that could move a mountain. Can patience move mountains - did that make sense? Oh well. It's 11pm. I'm allowed.
I thought it was interesting that Riva's kids are all smiles and looking at her camera. Where are mine looking? Anywhere but me...and avoiding smiling at the camera at all costs. I mean, at least they're cozy and comfortable??...
And the culmination of the day. After my kids not taking even a 5 minute nap (I'll pay for it tomorrow) and stress all around me at the museum, I got to endulge in Riva's Almond Tea. MMMmmmm is all I can say. Just look at that flaky topping and the inside is pure almond delight. She made it because I was coming over and I told her I wanted to try it. Thank you Riva! It was sooooooOOOOO good. Her pork chops were good, too and I was so spoiled that I was served dinner AND dessert. It seems I can't stop eating sweet stuff lately....better keep going to the gym to work it off. Too bad we didn't get a lot of talking time since there were always kids around us that needed attention.... but we had a really good time. Another day down and only a few more to go before I get relief from this single-mom routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment