12.05.2008

The Arts and Cooking

Last week this is all I did every day....went shopping. That doesn't mean that I bought something every day (something BIG that is...). One day all I got was notecards and $1 plaster animals to paint from Michaels. See, I had no other plans with anyone, and I guess I was too lazy to call anybody. So the 3 of us just traipsed all over the city going to mommy's favorite "walk-around" stores. We actually spent 3 hours in Target on one of the days. I know...time well spent. ha ha! Hey - with the kitchen stuff, bats and balls, food, makeup and toys, mixed in with a cinnamon-sugar pretzel and coke, what's better to do with your morning hours?? Right?

This is how far I've come as a "neat" mom. Up until about 1 1/2 years ago, this picture would not have happened. Real paint was just too messy for me. Now, I've come to accept that as long as they understand it stays on the table, I'm ok with it. Ethan just glopped all the colors together on his, and Austin diluted all the colors with white. I must say they did an excellent job of keeping it on the table.

Austin decided to take his paper towel that had all the paint on it and wipe his face with it. He thought he was pretty smart. It just looks like he put mommy's mask stuff on his lips.




My future chef in action. He had himself a piece of toast going in the toaster oven behind him, and a pot of noodles going for brother. Every time he even thinks I'm going to do something in the kitchen, he gets a chair and scoots it over to whatever counter I'm at. He is so interested in preparing food. That toast was later spread with Pumpkin Butter that a friend of mine gave me and Austin scarfed it down. He didn't want the noodles though. Those were for "budder."

No comments: