12.08.2008

Forget everything else....

...because the BEST thing just happened last night. Riva and I bought tickets to the Third Day benefit concert at a local church. Third Day just so happens to be one of my favorite Christian bands and they are NEVER in CA. I LOVE Mac Powell's voice. He's one of those singers who can sing pretty much anything and sound amazing. Anyways...we went to this benefit concert together (no kids!!) and went for frozen yogurt afterwards. I might add that this Golden Spoon had CINNAMON yogurt....OK....YUM!! It was an awesome "sister" time and we even ended up buying the same shirts (on purpose for once in our lives).

Here we are sitting in the balcony with our newly purchased shirts. I know I could have rhinestoned this baby but what's better than getting an already done shirt from one of your favorite bands? At least I have replacements rhinestones if one falls off....hear that Riv?



AND...the main attraction. It was hard to get good pictures being as how we were fairly high and of course using the flash works only on the person's head in front of you, so here's the best picture I could find. We had such an awesome time and it was neat to know that our ticket money went to another band's drummer that just discovered he is in stage 4 of a rapidly spreading sarcoma (cancer). That made it so meaningful since my Aunt Lynette died of a rapidly spreading sarcoma as well. All in all, a very fun night.

1 comment:

heidi said...

What a cute couple of Third Day groupies!!! J/k

I can imagine how much fun it is to hang out with your sister at a concert that would be fun no matter what! Third Day is GREAT!

So glad you had this time together AND that it was extra special in regard to your Aunt.

Love ya, Cara... hope to see you soon for lights, or hot chocolate, or a session of playing "Round up the Kids!"