Another night alone while Bryan is in class, and I decided to try out my camera settings and show you all a picture of my incredibly cozy socks (with Santa fur) and the fire in the background. MMmmm.... this was a very relaxing night and I just LOVE lighting a fire in our fireplace. Don't you just want a pair of these striped cotton cozies?
You KNOW you do. I got them at JCPenney on a really good sale (on accident because they had marked down the wrong price...and it was WAY lower than it should have been).
Then I found the ONE vegetable that my 2 year old likes....pickled beets. Ya. No carrots, broccoli, corn, or peas. Pickled beets. He devoured them out of my salad, then had his own plate of them. I took several pictures to document this event should he deny it in his teenage years.
Then on to Sea World during this last weekend. We had tickets we needed to use before the year was up so we escaped to San Diego to stay with Bryan's grandparents and walk around Sea World for a day. The picture above is what happens when I say "go touch the sign and smile for mommy. I want to get a picture of you." So Ethan literally touches the sign, and Austin turns around so his butt is facing the camera. Typical. Well, can't say I didn't call that one.
This is my wonderful son for you. I always have to bring the boys in the bathroom with me and usually Ethan and I take turns on the potty. In this case, there were no hooks to hang my purse from, so I asked him to hold it. He was the perfect gentleman and held it so it didn't touch the ground. I had to take a picture....of COURSE!!! What a good sport. At least at this age it's not "uncool" to hold a girl's purse. Give him a few years.
When asked what they each wanted from Sea World, Austin's answer was, "sunglasses." So he went on the hunt for the perfect pair and we finally found a pair that wasn't covered in flowers, light blue plaid, or had flower shaped lenses. We found a manly pair. Riva, Austin was the ultimate in haughty (we have our own meaning of this word and it takes WAY too long to explain) after purchasing his specs. I mean wow. He just thought he was ALL that. It lasted the rest of the day and into the evening. He was really working those things.
Grandad's birthday was Sunday and so we were there to help ring in the year of "ultimate wisdom" or 77. They always outdo themselves with the meals they prepare and we had prime rib roast that was perfectly done, complete with horseradish sauce, yams and a homemade caesar salad. Then we had Pineapple Upside Down Cake for dessert. YUM. Happy Birthday Grandad!GG loved having her great-grandchildren there all weekend and cherished her time at the park and at home with them. They always know just how to spoil my kids and I am so grateful that my boys are able to spend quality time with their great-grandparents. How many kids can say that? It is a blessing and we love GG and Grandad dearly. Thank you for an amazing and special weekend away.

1 comment:
Cara, I just love the socks! :) Oh, and wow... pickled beets are one of the very few foods I don't like. They're probably good for you or something though - doesn't a dark color mean a veggie is healthy?
Post a Comment