1. Do more things as a family (outings, etc.) 2. Keep up on my blog (one of my goals last year was to start it...yay me!) 3. Be more in God's Word and 4. Be a phenomenal (and fun- is that even possible?) mom and wife. That's been hard lately since there are times when I feel like I can no longer be loving and patient all while not getting to do what mommy wants to do, but I have to take a different perspective. I may not be the perfect wife and mom, but I want all my boys (well, my man too) to say "I love you with all my heart and I know you love and care about me more than anything in this world." That's what makes my heart melt.
New Years' Day 2008 - the first day Ethan had a REAL hook and bait on his pole. He didn't know what to do with it (as you can see Bryan untangling it) but loved being a big boy. We were laughing because he tried to "cast" it. It ended up slapping the water and getting all messed up. Inside I was cracking up - it was the whole action process that had me laughing. You had to be there.
Ahh yes... Austin has the "Bud" side of fishing down pat. Gotta eat while you're fishing...or in this case, watching your brother fish.
A really nice sheriff who was coming around checking fishing licenses came next to our boat and gave Ethan frozen shad for using on his pole. It was the sweetest thing. All Austin said was "fee!" (his word for fish) and wanted to touch the yucky things.
Looking cool in mommy's glasses.
There's nothing like a siesta on the water. The speed really does it to a guy. Ahh, the life.
4 comments:
Hey, Cara! Nice pics :-) Ah, the good life. Tell Bryan I didn't see any actual 'fish' in these pictures. I know, 'you should see the one that got away'. Love you!!
_Dad_
So when are we going out on the boat? I know Lynnea could cast already! =) No, seriously, we need to go out with you soon. Those are cute pics of the kids. Oh, and you're an awesome mom.
Cara, you are so an awesome mom. These first years are the hardest, I think (though I don't know, I haven't raised a teenager yet), and I lose my patience a thousand times a day. But I think that's why they don't really have good memories for these years! :) God gives us that little out, that the kids forget the yelling and remember only the over-arching love.
We just got your New Years card and I was just thinking that I need to catch up with you. It's been too long. It's great to hear about you and the family through the letter and blog. Sounds like you guys had a nice time fishing and Christmas, etc. these past few weeks. Your kids are so cute, and you look great! One of these days we have to get together.
Lena:)
Post a Comment