1.11.2008

Welt, Anyone?

In my experience as a mom of boys, I'm used to peals of laughter and wrestling with blankets, pillows and each other on the floor of the living room. Most of the time I look over and if they aren't in immediate danger, I let them continue the melee. Today I even told them to get away from the corners of the coffee table so they wouldn't gouge out their eyes or mame any other bodily area as they fell. What should happen next but as I'm on the phone having my daily conversation with Riva (I have to have those for my sanity), I hear a loud bang and watch Austin cover his forehead and start crying. I actually saw him take a head dive onto the tile. I'm a worrier....when I see a HUGE ball protruding from my son's head turning purple and red, I sort of freak out inside. I always have to remember the doctor saying, "if he doesn't pass out or faint in the next 24 hours, he should be ok." And I think to myself, "could this have happened AFTER his nap so I don't worry about him not waking up?" **sigh** So here's the damage. I had to vent... and you'll notice that after I stopped trying to get his Elmo pack on his head, he was smiling cheesily for the camera.

"I'm ok mom...really...but you can take a picture if you want."

He's got his Elmo pack, but so help him it's not touching that owie. Shrieking would just about describe the sound he makes when THAT happens.

No comments: