This last week I have gone through some interesting (and at times harrowing) moments to which I'm thankful that there is a God up there who loves me and protects me even though I am completely unworthy. This weekend as I was going to pick up my cousin from the airport, I had a panic driving moment. In all my years of driving, I have never had an experience like this one, let me tell you. At the risk of everyone not wanting to ride with me ever again, I'll explain. I got off the freeway at night (dark) to get to the airport (which I've taken a couple times - not many) and when the light turned green, proceeded to turn a slight left. The way the street is set up, the oncoming traffic could not go to my left, but went to the right instead, and there were 5 lanes of that traffic. I found myself driving head-on to about 5 lanes of oncoming traffic (not quite there yet because they were at the light below). Now before I left the house, I was debating which car to take, and decided on the truck. I realized I was going the wrong way when I saw the arrows on the lane pointing my direction. All of a sudden I veered right to go over what I thought were a couple lanes. Keeping me from the other side of the road was a divider - yes, the kind with a curb where people sell flowers. I gunned it and jumped the divider to get over to the right side of the road. **sweat and panic** Ya...that was my Sunday night. Then yesterday I had to deal with a screaming (no exaggeration here) baby (17 mos.) for 40 minutes as I battled traffic home from La Mirada because of gas. I'm at my frazzle point this week. Thought I'd share. But Cheryl and I had an amazing time for a day and here's a picture of the kids helping her with makeup...it's those brushes.

This was 10 minutes before Austin spilled half my mineral makeup jar of eye shadow on himself and the floor. Am I still sane? - not really if I'm being honest.
This is probably the reason for Austin's gas - he ate some of the cheese...do I ever learn?
Cheryl and I made these jalapeno poppers - yum!!!
He's my ranch dip boy. He'll dip anything - even his apples...I know..."yuck" as he would say it.
1 comment:
We all have those days. I'm glad you did some "monster truck" driving. You've got to make me those poppers sometime-after I'm done with the baby feeding thing.
Post a Comment