7.22.2007
Open Door Policy
Have you ever been driving along on the freeway and all of a sudden you hear freeway noises all too clearly? Like a DOOR IS OPEN? Well, Ethan likes to lock and unlock his door in my car, and all of a sudden yesterday he decides that's not enough. He pulls the door lever and his door is opening up while we're speeding down the freeway towards Wal-Mart. I must say that for the most part (not all the time, mind you) I think of things before they happen and do something to prevent it, but I was totally unprepared for that one. As I'm desperately trying to close the door (which I must say is VERY difficult from the front driver seat) I'm telling myself "you can't forget to engage the child safety lock." Ya, a little too late, right? But if you're anything like me, you tell yourself you're going to do something and then forget to do it 5 minutes later when something else comes into your brain. My life since having children... In this case, however, I pull into the Wal-Mart parking lot and immediately put the child safety lock on. No more loud whirring freeway noises for me, thanks. It's at this time when I'm thankful I have to put my kids in a car seat...as annoying as it can sometimes be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Let me just say, after hearing your story, my mom told me a story about Katie pushing the seat belt button holding in my car seat. Apparently, my seat fell sideways, and was stuck between the bench seat and the door until my mom could pull over...
The weird thing is it just happened last week. (Just kidding, I was a baby).
Post a Comment