He was loving to chew the side of the boat. Those who know Austin should not be surprised. He eats and chews EVERYTHING. Yes, we did put him in a life jacket when the boat was moving. They are too restrictive for him when we're just sitting there.
From the time we left the garage to the time we left the lake in the afternoon, Ethan had to hold Bryan's very expensive trout look-a-like swim bait. Needless to say, Bryan was very alert to every move that thing made while in the hands of his 2 1/2 year old. One guy saw him holding it at the lake store and said "that's a pretty nice swim bait..." like "why is your toddler carrying it?" kind of thing. I just laughed. Even the kids around him were investigating it and wanted to touch it.
Austin using Tyler to help him stand up. Riva and the kids hung out with us on Thursday afternoon and evening while Will was out of town. We had a lot of fun and the kids are old enough that they can mostly keep themselves busy! Hurray! More social time for us!
Back at July 4th...I'm going backwards here because I'm so far behind. We went to my parents' house and saw my aunt and uncle who were in town from Sacramento. Bryan bought fireworks and we all had a "small" show in front of the house with the kids. The kids loved the sparklers...of course.
Cousin table begins. Ahhh...I remember the days. Check out Tyler...had to get that last bite in before smiling at the camera...or did he even smile? "The food is way more important, Auntie."
1 comment:
ok, we need to go out on the boat with you guys sometime. I feel the need for some water. It's kind of landlocked here at home...
Post a Comment