3.21.2007

San Diego

This weekend we went to San Diego to visit Gram and Granddad (Bryan's grandparents). We love going to see them. They suggested we go to the zoo on Monday and we knew that Ethan would love seeing all the animals. He's getting old enough now that he recognizes some of them.

Bryan getting in a squish at the petting zoo.
Ethan catching the tail end.

Precious moment with Granddad.

The boys actually playing together!!

We had such a fun weekend, and now I'm back to the daily grind. There's nothing better than getting away for a few days, but in reality it makes you more tired than when you started out (especially with kids). Just ask Riva when she gets back from Vegas. Hee hee!!

When I see my little babies playing together it makes me happy because they are learning to really love and care about each other. In another way it saddens me because these times go so quickly by. After spending all morning cleaning and picking up (because I've felt like I need to REALLY do some spring cleaning) I realized I hardly played with Ethan. Maybe that's why when Bryan gets home Ethan is so overjoyed to see, "Daddy!!" As an everyday mom, sometimes it's so hard to want to play every day and interact. It seems I am more on the 'find anything else to do but play with the kids' thing lately... but maybe I'm just being too hard on myself. I threw some toilet paper rolls at Ethan this morning and played basketball a little....oh well, when he gets up from his nap it's a whole new day!! (at least it feels like the morning was one whole day)

No comments: