Ok so it's been WAY too long since I've posted anything (and Riva pointed it out today) so I thought I'd tell you what's been happening with the Hills (sort of like my cheesy title). About a week ago we took a trip to the Long Beach Aquarium and had a really fun time. Ethan is just old enough to enjoy looking at all the animals and get excited. Austin, on the other hand, enjoyed watching his brother, but failed to see what was so exciting about touching a shark. He did like the colorful fish, however, and the bigger ones that he could see better. Here is a picture of our family taken by a really sweet volunteer at the touch pool. Austin actually did put his chubby finger in the water and touch that reddish anemone. Start them young I say. One of Ethan's highlights was in the children's area where he got to "push da button" and squirt water out of a large cement fish's mouth. My highlight (or not) was when an overzealous Lorikeet refused to believe that all the nectar in my overpriced paper thimble of a cup was gone. He proceeded to "nibble" one of my fingers which led to a "chew" on the inside of my nuckle. (I had a pet parakeet flashback). This guy was NOT happy that I wasn't handing over the small cup for him to suck clean. He even went with me to the trash can to throw it away. It's not like there won't be more suckers paying $2 to give him more nectar...goodness! All in all we had a great day, but were tired ourselves when we drove home to put the kids down for naps.
No comments:
Post a Comment