
When I think about what life brings, I am aware that whether we realize it or not, God is ALWAYS there. I am the first to admit that I have a problem with anxiety and perfectionism. I have a constant struggle to give things to God on an everyday basis. Yesterday, for instance, after 5 days of a deep cough and cold, I decided to bring Austin to the doctor. (I know, some are thinking...it took 5 days??) Sure enough, he has walking pneumonia... Now of course I called Riva stressing about which version of Albuterol to give him, etc. and worried that he was going to stop breathing which of course didn't happen. Today he's doing better as far as I can tell, but I continually have to remind myself that it's not me that's in control. And God loves Austin even more than I do which is hard to even fathom. Just a thought for the day...
Many of you who have even seen my son know that he won't go anywhere without something to hold on to whether it be a cooking utensil, or a ball (surprise, surprise). We (or, rather, I) decided to go play outside in the fairly warm weather and I got a cute pic. Gram and Gramps, I'm sure you recognize the t-shirt he's wearing from your Solvang trip. It fits great!! Of course all I was doing out there was shooting a "bubble gun" while sitting on the deck with my chunky wubba (Austin). Talk about lack of energy lately...is it the time change or what?? Yikes.
I can't tell you how happy I am for one of my best friends, Jenna Eck. She is getting married in May and we're all so excited for her and Joey!!! Here I am (on the right) with my twin sister, Riva and Jenna. We had a wonderful time on Saturday just celebrating this exciting occasion at her bridal shower.
No comments:
Post a Comment