3.09.2007

Homebody



So I'm downloading all my digital pictures into my computer and I realize...they are all taken indoors and most have the background of my green couches. It was then that I asked myself, am I really inside most of the day? Do I have another life outside of Bob the Builder, Sesame Street, and our new indoor toddler basketball hoop? Guilt set in at that moment. Is it really so hard to get all the diapers, snacks, drinks, lotion, lipgloss, wallet, keys, planner, wipes, kleenex, toy cars, binkies and blankets into the diaper bag so I can leave? As I thought about that answer, I thought, sometimes...YES!! So as I was feeling the overwhelming guilt of being indoors so often, I decided to take a walk and go to our park. Sometimes it so overwhelming to even feel like putting shoes and socks on the kids, going upstairs to get my shoes, making sure I have everything together, and going somewhere. But, I did it. (Although all I had to bring was my keys and the garage door opener). I didn't bring the camera to document this event, but it happened. No guilt for allowing the kids too much TV time, no guilt because I go grab an unhealthy snack out of the refrigerator for lack of anything else to do, no guilt for saying "stay inside" to Ethan as I throw out the trash in our trash can in the backyard and he wants to go play. Just me and the boys enjoying the outdoors. One morning down...

3 comments:

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

Hi Cara!

Love seeing your blog. Your boys are adorable!

I feel the same way about being house-bound sometimes! It definitely is an adventure to leave the house!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cara
Your boys are so beautiful i dont know if this will be coming in for a second time saw it on my husbands computer site but its in chinese and i dont understand it anyway your first boy looks exactly like you and if you have a website like rivas with all the pictures could you please give it to me my email address is lzhang2058@yahoo.com tell all the family we love them and miss them

your cuz
laura

Anonymous said...

Well, even if the photos are on the couch - they are really great photographs! I love that top one of Austin! I'm so glad you have a site to check out now =)