Anyone who really knows me knows I am obsessive about finishing things. I don't know if it's OCD, but it comes pretty darn close. Take for instance, this tube of lip gloss. I am feeling SO good that it's almost DONE!! It's like I've accomplished a goal or something. The most awesome days are when we finish a cereal, I use up leftovers in the fridge for lunch, and I can use remaining ingredients in the refrigerator or freezer when I make dinner. THAT is what makes me feel happy. I think I may have it worse than my dad or my cousin Julie, but they share in my "finishing things" mode. When Julie came to my house she brought her "almost gone" contact lens cleaner so she could finish it and not have to bring it home. Then the other day when I was over at my parents' house, I showed dad my lip gloss and he showed me how he was almost done with his sunscreen. We both laughed and thought, "we're both weird." But then we also said, "it'll feel so good to use this up so I can start a new one." Bryan just shakes his head - he doesn't like to finish things because then he knows we have to buy more. ha ha!!! I can see that angle too, but that doesn't take the joy out of knowing you've completed something and used it to its fullest capacity.

We're talking ALMOST too hard to get that last bit out....then it's on to the next one. Yay!! Thank you, Julie, for this lip gloss by the way. As you can tell I've really loved it. (Bite marks on lid courtesy of Austin).
On a side note...speaking of finishing things (or not). Here are two ladies who don't finish their crickets fast enough. I actually went to the reptile store to buy cricket food so the crickets wouldn't become crispy critters on the floor of Stubbs and Leo's terrarium. They have come to prefer the juicy mealworms so they shun the crickets at times. This leads to a chorus of cricket noises for days (to which I ask myself, why feed the "food" and prolong this annoyance...but oh well) and much carnage to clean up after they are all dead. So I got this stuff that smells like Melon Jolly Ranchers for the crickets to eat. Bryan's tempted to try it himself just to see what it tastes like. I'll keep you updated on the results of that potential taste test.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, I have the finishing obsession too!! When I was working I always HAD to use the same pen until all the ink was gone, and I used to get so mad when someone would walk off with my pen when it was only half finished! Also, I am totally crazy about having to finish the bar of soap in the shower completely, because Nathan always opens a new one when the old one is three quarters gone. Then it's up to me, because I CAN'T STAND to waste the rest of it!
Post a Comment