Then it was off to the High Desert for a birthday party for our nephew who turned 5! There was so much yummy food (carne asada, chips and dip, cake) that we all rolled out of there in the early afternoon. Austin just wandered from lap to lap during the day, and I think he was just really hot or overwhelmed, or both. Here he was playing with my camera case and taking out the extra memory card. He's really into taking things out and putting things into other things. Did I use "things" enough? ha ha! We had so much fun and the boys were worn out after - yay!
Especially fun for Ethan was the huge waterslide that they blew up in their backyard. Yes, I did put sunscreen on my REALLY white child or he'd be RED in this pic. Ethan, once he got up his nerve, climbed up the back and went down the double dipper. After that, there was no stopping him. He did it for hours and LOVED it. It's little things like this where I love to see his confidence building. As a mom, it's so heartwarming.
After eating and sliding, there's (of course) wrestling. It didn't surprise me when both my boys tackled their cousin on the floor. She loved it, they loved it, so I didn't mind it. I'm serious if we had no toys in our house at all, my boys would be either wrestling, playing with Daddy's tools, or finding something that could be used as a bat and playing baseball, or playing basketball with anything they could throw a ball into. Who needs all those gazillion toys anyways?
This was cute. Ethan wanted Austin to sit on his lap and read a book with him. I've been starting to read Bible stories at night (yes, I finally started - I'm proud of myself) so Ethan's been more into reading to Austin. Well, not reading, but holding books open and forcing Austin to sit on his lap - but it's a start! It's more a beginning to wrestling on the couch, but I'll take it. I love books and I hope the boys develop a love for them too.

No comments:
Post a Comment