10.17.2007

What To Do?

Yesterday was an interesting day. I had a chiropractor appointment in Newport Beach and had to take the kids with me. Now I do that normally with doctor appointments because it's just hard to get someone to watch the kids, etc.
The first dilemma happened as I'm driving there. I'm potty training my 3 year old, and lately my 1 year old hasn't had much sleep and is screaming/crying in the car. Well, with 10 minutes to go before I get there, he falls asleep. Now we all know that when you're potty training you must take them before and after you go anywhere outside the house. My dilemma - if I get there early, do I sit in the car and give the baby the most sleep time, or do I rush Ethan upstairs and make him go potty before he leaks in his pull-up and ruins all the learning we've done up till now? So I woke Austin up and took Ethan potty. THERE was another story in itself, but we won't go there.
Well, the last time I went to the chiropractor we were in a room with a window so the kids could watch the cars go by. THIS time, however, we were stuck in a room with nothing of interest to the kids...except the cranking headrest of the adjustment bed. Austin was fascinated with the fact that you could push the headrest, crank it, and just plain fool around with it. Unfortunately, my doctor had to keep taking him away from the bed and giving him something to hold or play with. One time, though, he got to the headrest and pushed it over during the adjustment. Needless to say, next time I will be begging someone to watch the kids. Austin has already helped my other doctor give me another type of exam...by pulling the cord attached to the apparatus used.
THAT was my morning and I just thought I'd share. Ahh, the joys of having kids and bringing them with you to places that you'd rather not. But, what can you do? I'm all better now and hopefully I'll stay in for a while, although I doubt it since I'll be lifting my chunky Austin all the time....**sigh**

2 comments:

Mr Lego Designer's Mom said...

...and someday you'll look back and chuckle at how ingenious your little geniuses are, especially when they have kids of their own. We all will have many chuckle-worthy stories to tell of our mothering experiences!

Reka Pica said...

Hey you its your cuz Laura just sending you a hello. So how are things for me pretty good seeing alot of doctors for Reka she hasnt started walking or even crawling very limber little thing if you would like to see pictures of her I have a myspace account its http://myspace.com/laurazhang will talk to you later love ya and god bless laura