Well, sorry to you few who check my website! I have been slacking in the updating of information because my life has been so hectic and there are other things consuming my time lately. A week before Ethan turned 3 I began potty training him (for the 3rd time) and this time he actually accepted the fact that it was time to grow up. I've seen more of my downstairs bathroom than ever before and now we're taking marathon trips there since #2 takes so long to come out (due to not WANTING it to come out)...but that's enough info on that. Austin has taken to walking now!! He finally decided he'd get in on the action and stop letting his brother walk all over him. Praise God!! Although, now I have to have another eye to watch his new explorations. All I'm saying lately is, "Ethan do you need to go potty? Do you have to go poo-poo?...I do not want you going in your pants!!" and "please share, watch out for Austin," and numerous more I don't even remember." Such is life at this glorious stage.

Austin discovered the joy of blocks and stacking.

This happens more often than not. They like to fall all over each other. Austin uses his weight and heaves himself on top of Ethan. Ethan just takes Austin out while he's standing. We're working on doing that a little gentler.

Ok moms. This was a little recipe that I found in a fiction novel (of all things). At the end of the book there was a recipe for something called "All Shook Up Ice Cream." It is so easy and the boys loved shaking it...for about 1 minute.
I had to do most of it, but it ended up tasting really good.
Recipe: 1T sugar, 1/2 C. cream or half and half, 1/4 t. vanilla, 6T rock salt, 1 pint size Ziploc bag, 1 gallen size Ziploc bag, ice cubes.Fill gallon bag 1/2 full of ice cubes and add rock salt. Put cream, vanilla, and sugar into small bag and seal completely. Place small bag in large bag and seal it too. Shake until mixture has turned into ice cream, about 6-8 minutes. Rinse off small bag, open and enjoy. You can also add fruit or nuts, but we didn't this time.

Enjoying our result. It took a shorter time to eat it than make it. It's really good! I did have most of it since Austin was wary of it and Ethan just wanted to run around.
No comments:
Post a Comment