As this warm weather is fading away (I hope) and the new crisp fall weather is upon us, we decided to take a much needed boat trip to the lake as a family. I guess in a way California does sort of have seasons because when it's fall and winter, sometimes the lake trips get a bit breezy and uncomfortable. Ethan has been commenting every time I leave the garage in the car, "we go on the boat another time..." Obviously I'd said it so much that he answered himself when he saw it, so we set out this last weekend to make our almost 3 year old happy. It also made Bryan happy because anytime he can fish, he will. Since our boys wake up fairly early, we got a good head start and spent a few hours cruising around (which the boys love) and fishing. Austin actually fell asleep with the boat going full power and jumping over waves from wakeboarders that were practicing on the small swells. It lulled him asleep I guess. Both boys have been able to do that as babies...fall asleep on a bumpy, fast boat. Must be nice!

Here's Austin deciding that he needed to drive for a while. Dad just wasn't going fast enough for his taste. Buttons and knobs are all the rage now for him.
Yes, shocker - my hair is very dark now. I thought for fall and winter I'd take it darker a few shades...ok a LOT of shades. I love it and it's a nice change for a while. Ethan took a break from fishing to let mommy take a picture.
I love this shot of Ethan. He was SOOO excited to fish with his fishing pole. He didn't know that he didn't have a hook on the end...just weights. He really got the hang of pushing the button to cast it and reeling it in. Amazing what they learn so quickly. It looks like we'll have another fisherman in the family. He is really taking to it quite well. My guess is it's because Daddy and Papa do it and he wants to be like the big boys. I'm sure Austin will join in one of these years, but for now Austin will just drive the boat and crawl everywhere.
3 comments:
Cara,
I LOVE your dark hair. I have been thinking of doing the same thing, but so far I have been chicken. You look great!
Alicia
We definitely need to go out with you sometime. Even Mikayla, when she saw these pictures, said, "can we go on the boat sometime?" Now we can't turn back...
Cara,
I LOVE your hair! It looks sooo good on you. I am enjoying keeping up with you and the boys via your blog...Can I just say, I love blogspot! I can log in and catch up with you, Riva, and Alicia all at the same time. We gotta reunite sometime soon. Maybe when we're all done being prego and having babies!
Love ya, Janette
Post a Comment