1.24.2011

Striiiiiike!!...well, not quite.

I found this great offer from our local bowling alley for 4 weeks. Kids get 4 Saturday classes for 1/2 hour each for $20. That includes the shoe rental and a couple tokens for after the game. It's been fun for Ethan to participate in something different. Austin gets a couple tokens, but he said he didn't want to bowl, so he sits with us and watches. Ethan's got the whole follow-thru down, but the aim isn't there yet. He has a lot of fun and is the only one in his class who actually throws the ball one-handed. The other kids sort of 'drop' throw the ball sideways. It's cute to watch all of them. One thing about teenage helpers, though, is they think kids are incapable of certain things. The guy that is Ethan's helper carries his ball to the starting line every time. The other coach lets the kids carry it - even the 3 year olds! I hold my tongue, but sometimes I tell Ethan "just pick up the ball, babe!"


 Austin enjoying a couple minutes of lap time with Daddy.

 Preparing to get some pins.

 Waiting his turn and ready to go!

 So once every blue moon or so, Bryan and I decide that our grout just isn't up to par. I mean we used a dirt-colored grout, but it never fails to get even dirtier looking. So, we pulled out the stiff toothbrush and grout brush with our grout cleaner and proceeded to scrub the floors. It feels better already - even if I let Bryan finish the job past the living room. I had lunches to prepare!! Even after sealing it with 'liquid gold' the stuff still doesn't stay clean.

My next painting attempt. This is a picture of the boys last year on one of our camping trips. They were goofing around on the back of the boat and I got this cute shot. I have never attempted to paint human faces and am a little intimidated, but I started with my base yesterday. Red was the only color that seemed to make sense, but the stuff was drying far too quickly. I think I may just have to build color and take out color as need be. I will post my progress as it comes- it's taken me several weeks to even get paint on this canvas so this is a good start. They look sort of ghoulish!!

1 comment:

heidi said...

Cara, that painting looks AMAZING!!! I thought you had done something with photoshop... wow! I can't WAIT to see the finished product! Pure talent... wow!