1.07.2011

Movie Night

We started this new 'tradition' on Friday nights that we're calling Movie Night, for now. We let the boys pick a movie that they want to see, then either make cookies or popcorn and snack while watching it in our bed or the sofa bed downstairs. Now today they have already seen almost 2 movies in the car (since I had to commute to my chiropractor appt) and I'm thinking....another movie tonight?
It's all about family time, right? And eating fun things? And sharing time together? Maybe we'll do game night or just call it 'Family Night.' Why do I feel guilty? It's not like we didn't walk around with my sister and her kids at the mall. I mean they were literally throwing their bodies around on the outside play area at McDonalds. They've gotten some exercise.
We'll see, but tonight we'll do something as a family.... It's amazing how quickly time flies and my babies are no longer my babies. When I lift up Austin now I almost put my neck out (could explain my chiro appts) and Ethan practically hangs to the ground when I pick him up.  And now we're going to sign up Ethan for Little League and he's finishing Kindergarten this year.
Even if 'Family Night' doesn't last and life changes to put a wrench in it, at least I know that we will always have each other and hopefully they'll want to spend time with their parents even when they get 'too cool' to show it in public. That's what 'Family Night' is all about, right?

2 comments:

heidi said...

GREAT post, Cara! Family Night is the best, and I am pretty sure our kids will remember these days! And you are so right... we are investing in them, and hopefully they'll want to hang out with us when they are grown!

Happy Family Night, friend!

Mama Griffith, said...

I think that's a great Idea. Since my husband is a firefighter and he puts in 24 hour shifts, We have mommy movie nights! We eat special snacks and hang out.