I have no pictures of this special weekend, but I thought I'd share a little about what I learned while I was with some wonderful women from my church. Our speaker was Jan Carlberg (wife of the president of Gordon College) and she did an awesome job of ministering to all of us. She talked about "scraps" and how even the littlest things can be used for God's glory. No matter how small we think it is, God can still use it to further his kingdom. Here was her message..
S=Seconds Matter
C=Create by Faith
R=Release old notions
A=Attitudes Count
P=Prayer Provides
S=Simplicity is Sacred
During this time I got to know my roommate a little better (Jennifer) and we had fun cruising around Newport, Balboa, and Costa Mesa with no care about where we ended up for lunch on Saturday. 2 hours later, we decided we'd do Italian food and talked for a while.
Between my arm getting literally smashed in an elevator door (it's not bruised yet, but deeply hurts inside, along with my nerves acting weird and having a slightly larger bicep) and one of the ladies at my breakfast table getting her purse stolen off her chair while she was in it (note to self not to hang my purse over the chair), it was pretty eventful. Lily got her purse back too - I guess the guy threw it into the patio and didn't take anything out of it! Amazing.
I enjoyed getting away from the kids and having "me" time. It was refreshing and I found a new energy to get back to my mundane life and be a little more..... patient maybe?? For at least the first couple days, right? It's funny how I get back from a retreat and all of a sudden I'm taking care of getting the kids their drinks and figuring out what we're having for dinner....OH and Bryan had a cold the next day. Welcome back to life! I can't complain, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment