3.08.2010

Grandparent and Great Grandparent Fun

Well it had been a month in coming because of sickness, but the boys were finally able to spend a couple nights with their GG and Grandad in San Diego. They were SO thrilled that they talked about it nonstop. Earlier that week we all had the stomach flu, so fortunately sickness didn't ruin THIS time. GG and Grandad took them to the beach and to a children's museum during their stay. The boys love this special time and I'll take advantage of it too! As long as they are willing to take them and spend time with them, I'm willing to send them!

We drove down on that Saturday and picked up the boys. We also had a homemade dinner of prime rib and lobster tail. Talk about a warm welcome! Here we are watching Veggie Tales before we took off for home in the torrential downpour.

I've been having some recent health issues, so I had to have an ultrasound done and my mom offered to come and watch the boys in the waiting room. After that we went to a place called Irvine Park and rode the train they have there. I've never been and it was a sight to see! There were all kinds of animals and also areas to run and explore. The train was pretty fun and adorable!
Gram and the boys before the train departed. We had this cute older guy giving the narrative about the park. It is the oldest park in California I found out. It's also VERY large.

They had old facades and buggies along the train route. Too cute. I wanted to go play house in there and pretend I was part of the old west!

The boys found a tree that they couldn't resist climbing on. After about 5 minutes, they were asking where the REAL park was...i.e. the slide and swings. **sigh** I guess there always has to be entertainment in the form of a man made playground. Such is the life of a 3 and 5 year old.
*I got the results of my ultrasound and everything appears to be normal. I guess certain foods affect me more now than ever before and I was told not to eat them. Sounds simple, right? There are other things that I could have such as an ulcer, IBS, some type of intestinal thing, etc., but I'm letting it go for now and I'll stay away from those certain foods. Praise God that the ultrasound revealed nothing and I guess that's as good an answer as I'm going to get right now.

No comments: