3.08.2010

Corona Life Services

A friend of mine and her husband invited Bryan and me to the annual CLS fundraising banquet. It was held this last Saturday night and it was semi-formal attire. There was a silent auction of all kinds of fun stuff, including a painting from a man in our church named Alfredo Rodriguez. He is an amazing oil painter and we've had the privilege of getting to know him and I actually got to tour his studio a few years ago. Anyways, the speaker was Pam Tebow (the Heisman trophy winner, Tim Tebow's mom) and it was a really fun night. Unfortunately I didn't have anyone take a picture of Bryan and me, so this picture is really the only one I got. Thank you to Chad and Wendy for inviting us to this event! It was a fantastic evening.

I was probably more dressed up than a lot of people there (and one of only about 2 people wearing red) but it was so fun! Bryan looked very handsome in his suit and it was funny because about half of the people at the dinner went to our church. A lot of amazing people are involved in helping girls with unplanned pregnancies at this center. I have a heart for women and hearing these stories of those who made the decision to not have an abortion because of what these people at this center do, touched my heart.

Of course the food was delicious too. We had a salad with blue cheese and walnuts, tri tip and halibut with scalloped potatoes, carrots and asparagus, and cheesecake for dessert. It was a wonderful evening and it was fun for Bryan and I to get out together all dressed up. The boys adored their babysitter too. I think they thought it was an escape from us also, since Austin's sunday school teacher came to watch them (he flirts with her every time he sees her).

2 comments:

Lisa said...

red lipstick really works for you, Cara! Nice!

Anonymous said...

hey u have a very pure and nice blog sorto inspiring.

u r really a wonderful woman.
keep up.