So this last month seemed to fly by. 3 weeks of it was spent staying at home nursing the flu as it worked its way from family member to family member. Bryan got a REALLY bad flu and was in bed for 3 days with a fever of 104 (it was probably Swine Flu, but they aren't testing for it anymore) and he was extremely achy with a deep cough. Then Ethan got it, complete with the most snot I've seen in my life, then Austin with a fever of 104.5, then me, mildly with body aches, a fever of 101.5 and a cough. Now we're FINALLY through that horror. We can get out of the house and breathe normal air.
So this is what my counter looked like for several weeks. Let's just say that Lysol was sprayed even OVER Bryan as he laid in bed. I was determined not to get it. My hands were washed so many times they actually cracked (I don't think I've ever had that happen). Not one handle, knob or door escaped my Lysol wipes and not one molecule of air in the house was not neutralized with the spray....yet we all managed to get it in some form...*sigh*
I love to make things. I love crafts and making things that other people can enjoy. When my Aunt Lynette passed away she left her nieces with all her jewelry-making things. She had so many amazing beads, findings and storage containers that it was almost overwhelming. I took a few things, but didn't know if I'd ever pick them up and actually make something with them. Well, that Christmas I made all my cousins, aunts, Nana, mom and sister earrings from some of the beads she left behind. That started my interest and I've been doing it ever since. Now Riva and I are doing a little boutique at my house to sell her sewing and my jewelry, scarves and other crafts that I've made this year. I always have a part of my Aunt Lynette in every item of jewelry I make. It's my way of staying close to her and remembering what she meant to me while she was here.Me and the boys. They like to see themselves on camera, and also like to take pictures. I'm still getting used to seeing myself with dark hair, but the response seems to be mostly positive. I have, however, had some people tell me that they look forward to the blonde coming back. Change is a good thing sometimes. Who wants to always look the same??


No comments:
Post a Comment