Where has the time flown to? Between retreats, birthdays and sicknesses, there's been a lot going on with the Hills these days. I had the privilege of being invited to join the women's leadership from the church on a retreat to Big Bear. I look forward to this time every year and we always have such a wonderful, Christ-centered time. It helps me to refocus and remember that God is guiding me through every trial and every experience in my life here on earth. It worked out great because Bryan's grandparents took the boys for a couple days to their cabin in Big Bear and Bryan stayed with them for a night and then he picked me up the next morning. We hung out for a while and got to see his cousin Michelle and her family, then we headed down the mountain.
Then on to Ethan's birthday party. I wasn't sure if it would rain the day of his party, but I still had it at the park down the street from our house. He invited several friends to come over and they had a fun time running and climbing over each other and the play equipment. It's amazing how little you really need to do to celebrate birthdays at this age....and then when we get older we really hardly celebrate at all!
And here I am attempting to light 5 candles while the wind is blowing. Sonja is trying to help, but every time I'd get one lit, the others would blow out. **sigh** I think he got to blow out one. I made a chocolate cake with red chocolate baseball stitching.
The boys were playing guitar on the couch and I got a really cute one of Austin posing with his rocker guitar. He loves music and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a band one day.
One of the favorite toys around the house these days is guns....any gun. Anything that shoots and makes noise is a favorite. I know, what a horrible mom I am to allow this in my house, but honestly, they're going to find something to shoot with...might as well have a fake fun version. They expecially are thrilled with the rifles (like the one Austin is holding). They actually have cartridges that load darts. It's pretty amazing these days what they've come up with.
AND...here's my new 'do. I decided to go dark for the winter. I'm really liking it and it changes my look up a bit. I've had mostly good comments about it, and so far I can't see any grays...I know they're coming though. That's the worst thing about dark hair...the grays show themselves faster. We've overcome 4 bouts of the flu in this household in the last 3 weeks, so we're looking forward to finally enjoying the fall and getting to a pumpkin patch this week. We just may experience the fall season yet!!! I'm not going to give in to the sheer panic of the Swine flu, but I believe Bryan may have had it, and we may have had a version of it too. Who knows how it will hit everyone, but I'm only hoping that we've had our share and we can go sick-free the rest of this season.
I consider that a minor inconvenience when I think of people like my cousin-in-law Ben and my Great Uncle Bill who are going through major health issues at this time. If you could keep them in prayer, that would be so appreciated!

1 comment:
Love your blog. It's been a while since I've roamed around, so I've been catching up. LOVE the new do, brunette looks great on you :)
Post a Comment