My boys' favorite show these days is Curious George. They can not get enough of that monkey. I must admit, some of the shows are quite cute, but there are some episodes where I cringe about the trouble that little guy gets himself into. Both of the boys will sit on the couch and get any toy that is their favorite at the moment (lately it's been fishing poles and lures) and watch a half hour show. It's pretty cute and it keeps them occupied for at least a little while.
One of our sprinklers was deciding to malfunction (it happens too often) and so Bryan enlisted Ethan to help him out with a "big boy" job. Ethan helped him dig a hole and replace the sprinkler head. Our city has enacted a water ration and we can only water 3 days a week and for very short periods of time. We need those sprinklers to work at their max!!
Ok this was hilarious. I unearthed a large sketch pad from my art days at Biola and figured it did no good up in storage in the garage. I brought it down so the boys could draw on it. I should have known better. Paper doesn't really get drawn on too much in my house (I'm really the only one who likes to color) so the pad became....you guessed it. A wakeboard. I'm telling you that trip to Lake Almanor really had a lasting impression on my boys!! They were using the blanket as a rope and each one took turns "falling off" the wakeboard. They were probably following the example they saw of me trying to get up on one. It was pretty funny.
This one took the cake. Notice the two sheets of paper that Austin is using for 'skiis.' Yes, they are practice writing exercises out of a preschool book. Don't get me wrong....they practiced their writing...for a few moments. Then they became skiis. The most comical thing about it was at one point they were turned around, and Austin said, "they're backwards...I need to turn them around." At least he knows the right direction the letters go. Hey - they're learning something!! All I was thinking was...where did MY imagination go? I think it got lost when I became an adult.
2 comments:
What wonderfully creative imaginations!! I love it. Nancy Martin
Ah,boys! No time for this learning stuff - we've got guns to shoot and wakeboards to fall off of and stuff! Meanwhile, my 4 year old granddaughter is almost reading and counts to 10 in Spanish! What's next?! Med school?
Post a Comment