This morning about 20 minutes after coming home from the gym, I received a phone call from my mom telling me that my Uncle Bill's long, painful battle had ended overnight. The Lord took him home to be with Him as well as see my Aunt Leone, my Papa, my Aunt Lynette and other family members we have lost over the years. What a legacy. I was so privileged to be born and raised in a God fearing family where my parents and my extended family love the Lord with all their hearts. He is over his suffering and where he has always wanted to be.
Riva, Uncle Bill and me at Papa's funeral.
Riva, Julie, Janelle, Katie, Cheryl and me with Uncle Bill. Girl power!!Uncle Bill was a man who loved his family and his Lord. I can remember staying with my Nana and Papa, and Uncle Bill and Aunt Leone would take us to feed the squirrels, or to Great America, or to Santa Cruz for the day and we just loved having that special time together. One of the most hilarious memories I have is of Uncle Bill (in the good old days) with his video camera in a briefcase (we're talking one of the old over-the-shoulder kind of cameras) and having to take 10 minutes to put it together so he could video tape us at Great America. It was the cutest thing. All Aunt Leone could do is say, "Bill....put that thing away now." He loved his camera and let me tell you he has volumes of videos of his grandchildren. Uncle Bill was the kindest soul and just loved everyone he came in contact with. He loved to sing and I know he's singing in heaven as I type this. No more pain, no more fear...just eternally with his Father in heaven. Uncle Bill, you will be missed. I love you so much.


2 comments:
oh, Cara... I am so sorry. I will be praying for you and your whole family as you navigate through this time of sadness. Oh, man... you guys have really been through it this year, haven't you? I am praying for you all! Thank you for your love and prayers as well!
Oh the video camera, the beast! HAHA I will never forget that thing. He even took that on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to record the ride. We made SO much fun of that monstrosity!
Post a Comment