The boys and I went out front to the street so they could ride their bikes. Well, Ethan rides, Austin scoots/pushes without pedals. As much as I cringe at them riding on the street, given the fact that we really don't have a driveway, the street has to do. We don't have too much traffic, so it usually works out ok. I sit in my chair and drink a Green Tea and they "bring me food" from the various restaurants that are supposedly located at different places on our street. It's too cute. Then they ran back and forth across the street - while I shuddered as I pictured Austin careening on his head again. After a couple times of that I had to stop them - before what I envisioned became a reality.

Here's my little man with his bike. He doesn't like to use the pedals yet, but he manages it pretty well. He refuses to wear a helmet, but once he really starts actually riding his bike, the helmet WILL go on. It's amazing how we're all here today even though we didn't wear helmets WAY back when. I remember Riva and I used to go as fast as possible down our ROCK driveway 3 acres to the road and back. Mom must have cringed seeing that - and we didn't wear helmets either. Whew....it's stressful being a mom.

I went to Riva's yesterday and saw our friend Talitha and her little ones. She has two adorable daughters. We worked together and now I miss having lunch with her every day. Those were some memorable times. Now we are moms of at least 2 each. Time flies... Claira (this little one) let me hold her for a few minutes!! I felt honored since she's in a clingy stage right now. It's nice to get a baby fix sometimes (without the fatigue and breast pain). ha ha!! It was fun Talitha and Riva! Thanks for the lunch and Riva, the cinnamon rolls.....MMMMmmmmmmmm. I can never pass up cinnamon and sugar.

I love cooking. In case you didn't know. I love cookbooks so much I'll read them for fun. Bryan has to stop me from buying more because he tells me I have no more room (which I don't in my small kitchen). I also love shows like Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen, Iron Chef, Food Network's Food Challenges and there's a new one called Chopped (real chefs get a basket of surprise ingredients and have to cook something with them). I just love seeing the flavors people put together and new things I can try. So sometimes I try new things, but most of the time I have to follow a recipe. I don't trust myself completely - you know, the perfection thing. Well I have discovered a new way to eat eggs and toast. This was my concoction this morning. English muffin with mom and dad's peach jam, cheese, egg (microwave cooked, surprisingly), sauteed mushrooms, avocado, and
Mike and Diane's Garden Fresh salsa (this is always in my fridge). MMMmmm. Sweet, savory and yummy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment