Forgive me for not posting in some time. This post and the next will explain why I have not even been on the computer for some time now. For the last two weeks, my dad has come to my church and filled the pulpit since our pastor left a month ago. I was so excited to have him come because I haven't heard him preach in years!!! We made the 15th of Feb. a family affair and Riva and Will came out too. Dad and mom took us to Red Robin for our birthday afterwards (with the whole family of course) and we all laughed as it took us 10 minutes just to figure out who needed to sit where and who wanted to sit next to whom...*sigh.* Mom made us these decadent cupcakes that I inhaled and we had such a fun time all going to church together again. Dad did a wonderful job and I just personally want to thank him for his ministry to me and my church!!
A family shot! I believe the spot on dad's shirt came from his youngest granddaughter, but again it may have come from one of the others, too. Ahh, the joys of being Gramps. Saliva love!! ha ha.
So every Southern Californian knows that you get in free to Disneyland in 2009. Riva and I took advantage of the fact that we didn't have to go alone, AND didn't have to pay a fortune to get another person in. It's great to be a twin! We wore buttons with our names written on them and every employee from the entrance to the rides said "Happy Birthday, Cara!! (or Riva)." They even gave us a PACKAGE of tortillas at the tortilleria instead of a free single tortilla. MMMmm. We had so much fun in California Adventure. We upgraded to a "2fer" and realize that means that we have to wait to go to Disneyland itself another day. We didn't cry too hard on that one.
Here we are on the Tower of Terror. Notice the sheer terror on our faces? We were so involved in trying to keep our minds on the fact that we got a great view from up there instead of the great distance that we'd have to fall to get down where we came from. It was quite a ride. I don't know if it's my old age, but I'm not so much into those fast, jerky rides any more. Things hurt afterwards that I didn't even realize existed.
For my birthday Bryan made me a menagerie of seafood. Shrimp, crab legs, scallops and sockeye Salmon were all made just for me! (with melted butter of course). I had made him chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy for Valentine's Day so he wanted to cook me a birthday dinner. It was so sweet and yummy!!
The boys serenaded me with "Happy Birthday to You.." while we stood at the counter and scarfed down our seafood. They love singing and did a good job playing their instruments and singing along. I love my kids!! Take a look at this picture of Austin and his forehead changes in the next post...ai yai yai..
No comments:
Post a Comment