Along with the bikes the kids got for Christmas from their Gram and Gramps, they each got scooters (or skateboards as Austin likes to call them) from other family. Ethan is pretty good at pushing off and riding it, but Austin is a little hesitant. He doesn't like heights or falling, so I can see him taking a while to get used to bikes or any type of transportation that involves a potential skinned knee after falling that incredible height of 3 inches.
Here is Ethan riding his "Cars" scooter. He likes me to take pictures of him while he's riding. So...here's one of them. He rode it to the park for the first time the other day and after getting there, he told me his leg was REALLY tired. I kept encouraging him that he could make it home...not wanting to carry that AND hold Austin's hand all the way home. He did it, and felt pretty proud of his accomplishment.
And here's my job lately. Yes, bending over and steering Austin's scooter while both his feet are planted on the board. He does, however, swing his right foot out into the air and pretend to push off while I'm pushing at times. It's pretty comical. At least I'm getting my workout!
Riva, Will and the kids made a trip out to see us on Saturday and we had so much fun!! We did everything from talking (what Riva and I do best) to riding bikes (well, the kids did while we talked...hee hee). The boys played with Bryan's remote Jeep. Riva tried her hand at it as well, and managed to hit every one of her children with it. Here's Will attempting to go under Ethan's legs and missing. Those things take practice - but notice the joy on Will's face as he maneuvers the Jeep. You can tell he's enjoying the car - or is it colliding with the children?? Thanks, guys, for coming out!!
And then, on Sunday, our annual outing to a Laker game. This year we didn't have the luxury of getting season tickets at a discount from one of Bryan's co-workers, but he still splurged on tickets and we went to our yearly game. We sat three rows from the top of Staples center at center court. We were on the same side as Jack Nicholson, so all we could see of him was the back of his head, but we got a great view of the game and I'm very proud of myself. I actually paid attention to the game and SAW the plays, since I wasn't really star hunting the whole time. There weren't a lot of celebrities there that night, anyways.
Here's a shot with my zoom lens. Almost all the guys are in there. It was sort of funny to watch the commentators before the game as they sat on the court. Here they were all talking to the cameras, and the other team is stretching and warming up on the floor literally right next to them. Only in sports is that ok. Talk about uncomfortable. I mean these guys were virtually doing the splits and legs were in the air....it was funny. I'd find it hard to keep a straight face on camera.
Here's what Bryan and I do during the game. We scour the stands to find the stars we recognize. It's funny when you see stars in person, they're just like you and me. What's with the obsession to actually see them, though? Maybe it's because they're so untouchable on screen. Sort of like visiting the set of a movie or a location that a TV series was filmed. Riva, remember going to the mountain set of that TV show, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman? That was so cool. Anyways, now that I've gone off on a tangent...
Believe it or not folks, this picture was taken by my camera THROUGH the binoculars. Pretty impressive if I do say so myself. I mean of what the camera can do, not me by any means. Denzel is never there when we are, but he was this time. He looked like he was having a good time. Seeing him about a quarter mile away was pretty cool. HA HA!! Thanks, babe, for our awesome date night to the Staples Center. You're the best!!
1 comment:
Okay...Here is the test. If you were paying attention, did the Fakers win and what was the score? Don't you dare look it up! AND don't ask your husband! =) Love Ya! Bill
Post a Comment