Austin got a pair of sunglasses from San Diego and so the boys had to pose for me (because I asked them to) with their glasses on. Almost needless to say, Austin had broken his sunglasses within a few hours of this photo being taken. Yes, in the wrestling confusion, Ethan rolled over them as Austin was holding them, breaking them at the nose-piece (why he was holding them while wrestling is a question only a 2-year old can answer). After several attempts at gluing them, I agreed with Bryan and decided they were un-saveable. Lesson learned.
Then my cousin Julie, her husband Bill and baby Ryan came to stay at our house. Look at those ROLLS!! I couldn't stop squishing them during their stay. I mean the BACK rolls!!! This little guy was so huggable. He didn't let his parents sleep much while they were at our place, so hopefully they were able to recover when they got home, but we had such a fun time together.
On Friday, Bryan's side of the family came over. They had all missed our scheduled Christmas with work and sickness, so they poured into our house that day and we had lots of fun and food. I made a Corned Beef with cabbage and it was yummy. It smelled so good in the house!! Here Ethan is watching Jeffery play with his Nintendo DS at the table. I think they'll be good buddies as they grow up. Jeffery is the age of Mikayla so it's fun to have another cousin within a couple years of him.
Julie, Bill, and Ryan. It was fun since Bryan had the week off, to leave the kids and go shopping with just Julie and me. Did I say it was fun without the kids?? I DID!! No grabbing at things or needing anything. I could try on sports bras without comments. Julie found a pair of jeans and I found a running neccessity. My other ones weren't doing a good job after 8-10 years of wear. Yikes. I also used some fun money to buy Bare Escentuals lip gloss. Anyone ever tried that stuff? The Buxom line leaves your lips tingling for hours...seriously. It's amazing and I love it!
Grandad and Gram enjoying the opening of their gifts by our boys. Ethan got a pinball machine and Austin got an easel with chalk and dry erase markers. They are very loved and when the pinball machine is on, the volume in the house rises dramatically. For those who suffer from noise pollution (like me at certain times) it's a toy that is on only after we've been quiet for a little while (I mean realistically quiet with two toddlers).
This was the funniest progression. Austin loved holding Ryan (he took up Austin's whole lap) and was very particular as to how comfortable the baby was. I wanted the cousins to take pictures together, and Austin had to keep touching Ryan. Slowly Ryan started to fall (as babies usually do) and this was Austin and Ethan's attempt to sit him up. What you don't see is the next picture where Ethan has given up, and Austin is still pulling on him. Determination = Austin.OK so I had some pictures of the kids at Lynnea's party, but this was a cool one that I had to include. Julie, Riva, Cheryl and me at the party. All of us cousins (well, without 3 of us) in the same place!! We had to document the moment. It doesn't happen very often and it used to only happen at Christmas. I love my family and treasure the moments together. Happy Birthday Lynnea who is the big ONE!!!

2 comments:
Wow, I generally think of us cousins as all looking fairly distinct from each other (excepting of course you twins!) but in the last picture here you all look soooo much alike! Just like a family *sniff sniff*
We'll all be together in June, though, right?
There is a VERY strong family resemblance going on there!
Post a Comment