9.24.2008

Walking to Kindergarten

Today I decided that it was about time to go see Mikayla's kindergarten classroom. So the boys and I piled in our nice, sparkly, "orange" (according to Ethan) car and headed to my sister's house. We were all able to walk Mikayla to school this morning and I met her teacher and was overwhelmed visually by all the letters, colors, numbers, you name it in her classroom all over the walls. Wow. Talk about sensory overload. The smell took me back, but the clutter sent me into headache mode. She seems to love her school and went to play without even looking back. That's our Mikayla!

Stopping for Auntie to take one picture before she was off to play with friends.

Ok now THIS is a scary sight. For those of you who know Tyler, the fact that he is on wheels did NOT sit well with me. Riva takes it so well and lets him do it (I know that's why God gave her this adorable child), but I was stressing out inside. The child has a hard time walking without tripping, let alone RIDING something. So thank God for helmets and extra padding! He did pretty darn good on that thing...I was surprised. Go Tyler!

AND here are my boys playing in the dirt and jumping (their new favorite thing) off the cement wall. After this we went to Michaels and happened to run into one of our Biola professors (Dan Callis)! It was so good to see him after all these years. I also ran into another Biola friend there. I guess that's what happens when you're shopping 5 miles from Biola. It just doesn't happen where I live. So that was fun! Then we proceeded on to have lunch with one of my good friends, Kathy. A day well spent!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sunshine is soooo beautiful and the kids look so happy. Nice picture of Mikayla and the boys in action. It is starting into our rainy season and we did not have much of a summer so I long for the sunshine already.Nancy