We had told the kids that we'd get a treat after the park, but when we went to the ice cream store, it was closed. I guess most people don't eat ice cream at 10:45 in the morning. (Those people aren't up at 5am starting their day). So after we left to go home, I had to run and get more make-up (which the boys expertly helped me pick out) and I took them to Wendy's for their own frosties. Of course Ethan chose vanilla, and Austin chocolate.
Today is a special day because it is Bryan's grandma's birthday! Her sister-in-law arranged to have all the women on that side of the family come and be a part of a surprise birthday lunch at a french restaurant in Orange County. Two of Bryan's cousins drove all the way from Fresno to be there for the afternoon, and we all converged to wish Gram a Happy Birthday. Unfortunately, my camera battery went out halfway through the festivities, but I was able to get a couple shots. Above is the first reaction of Gram as she walked through the banquet room door. Aren't you proud of me for posting THE DAY it happened??? I am. I had to pat myself on the back for that one.
Here is Bryan's cousin, sister, and aunt, all awaiting the toast (which Gram insisted on doing herself). We all had a great time and rolled out of there after our delicious crab crepe and creme brulee.....THAT was so goooooood!! We all wanted to lick our bowls. My mom was gracious enough to watch the boys for me since it was a "women only" event. Thanks mom! I even got to drive her luxurious Accord! That was a treat. We had a blast at the luncheon - thanks Marlene!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment