I had to go to the chiropractor last week (which is at the beach) so afterwards (and while I was feeling very flu-ish from the adjustment) I took the boys to a park to eat lunch, and proceeded to get back on the freeway for home. Little did I know that the "police activity" that was on the freeway earlier would still be there, and I would still be sitting on that stretch of road over 3 hours later in what should have been 25 min. - with 2 toddlers at their naptimes. (I later found out that it had been Greg Laurie's son that passed away in a car accident).
After turning my head I don't know how many times to merge into traffic over and over, and sitting down forEVER, my thoughts began to wander - one of them being - 'what if Ethan has to go potty?' There were overheated cars, doors open on the side of the road with the drivers taking care of business out of sight, stalled cars, you name it. When Ethan did have to go, it resulted in crying, carrying on, and somewhere in there I yelled loudly, cried, and carried on. Ya, it was pretty messy. I feel sorry for the Laurie family and their loss. I have NEVER seen the traffic that bad in the entire time I've lived out of the O.C.
As a result of my back being out for so long, I'm having pains that I've never had before and I'm starting to get anxiety attacks about whether it's my heart, or my back and neck. I'm 32! I can't have heart problems (except for that little murmur that's been documented) but I'm stressing about keeling over from a heart malfunction. I wish there were little lights that went on saying "back" or "heart" to give us warning signs. Now I'm going to go to the G.P. doctor, ask about my heart and/or running with a murmur and these pains, and she's going to laugh me out of the office. At least when I do have feelings of doom, I realize that our lives are not eternal right now and some things we think are important, really don't matter in the long run.
And another thing - I just had to send an appeal in for a parking ticket I got at a friends' house a few weeks ago. After logging into the internet to send this appeal (for 3 weeks) and not finding it, I call (for the second time) and the guy says, "oh...uh..you have to put in the 'cp' before the ticket number." The first girl didn't tell me that a week previous!! **sigh**
Then we get home from San Diego (a great weekend that I'll post after this) and we get a call from our credit card company that some idiot tried to use our credit number at a Target somewhere for $540!!!! Thank goodness they were paying attention!! Angering, I tell you. I'm sure there are many more things that could go wrong. Apparently the earth is a little ticked this morning, too, with that aggressive movement we felt. Yikes.
No comments:
Post a Comment