On Thursday, my parents, my cousin Cheryl and I drove up to San Jose to celebrate the life of my dear Great Aunt Leone. It was a wonderful family weekend. There were emotional times and times where we had great memories of the wonderful life that she led. On our way up there we stopped by Casa de Fruta. Cheryl and I were looking at all the dried fruits and nuts, then we discovered all the chocolate covered confections that were in the neighboring room. Needless to say I left with a chocolate covered apricot..(yum) and yogurt covered pretzels. They were delish!

Cheryl and I came across the smallest apples I have ever SEEN. We had to take a picture (and if you know Cheryl, that's an understatement). Love you, girl!

My Great Uncle Bill. He stopped by the day after we got to my grandparents' house so he could fill us in on what happened and give my dad his material for the memorial. My dad did a great job welcoming everyone and "emceeing" the whole event. He always does a great job...is that a big surprise? He's a pro.

Some of the cousins at the memorial. We had a good time remembering Aunt Leone and all of us got weepy when they played a song sung by my Uncle Bill and accompanied by my Aunt Leone on the piano. My Aunt Leone wanted Uncle Bill to sing for her funeral, but he said that he would only sing if she accompanied him. So they recorded the songs a few months prior to her death. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. It was beautiful.

After the memorial, we went to my Great Aunt and Uncle's house to be with the family, then headed back over to my grandparents' house. Cheryl was giving me a backrub while I was listening to my Uncle Dannie's Bose headphones (which are awesome because they block out all the outside sounds). I wasn't getting too much solace because she was kneading out a knot in my shoulder. THAT wasn't too relaxing. Although later it felt pretty good. All in all it was a fun family weekend and we missed my sister since her pregnant self couldn't travel all that way to be with us. You were there in spirit, Riv. We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment