What a wonderful time of year. I love the fall and all that comes with it. As I was searching through my pictures to find good ones to put in here, I was reminded of the hard times that holidays bring as well. I want to wish my Uncle Dannie and my Uncle Bill my love as they are celebrating the holidays without the loves of their lives. Know that our family loves you and we all miss Aunt Lynette and Aunt Leone very much. They are still a special part of our lives and I know they are looking down on us and giving us their love as well.

Our family went down to San Diego to celebrate Thanksgiving with Bryan's grandparents, his parents and some friends of his grandparents, Sheila and Frank. We had such a good time and the highlight of the evening for Ethan and Austin was their special silver goblets that they got to drink from. Ethan even got sparkling cider in his. He had several refills and thought he was pretty hot stuff. GG knows how to make her little boys happy.

GG and Granddad after the "big eat." Let me tell you that was a fine turkey, too. Granddad always pulls out all the stops when he does a big dinner. That turkey was so moist and delicious - and the rest of the dinner was awesome as well.

And this is what we do after the turkey. We fall asleep in front of the TV while watching a Christmas movie with the Veggie Tales. Isn't that just the life? We stayed over in San Diego and came back the next day. On the way home we hit Toys R Us (crazy) and the Lake Elsinore outlets. I hit it big when Bryan was in line getting me a portable Pyrex casserole holder for $10. I went over to Carter's and scored a $25 off of $25 coupon as I walked through the door. Awesome!! Couldn't we all use that during the holidays? hee hee.

I made 80, yes EIGHTY of these for my church's Christmas tea that is happening this weekend. I wrapped them up and put a thank you tag on them for all the hostesses who are helping out this year at the tea. They were time consuming, but they turned out cute I think. The hardest part was painting the silver...being a perfectionist and all.

My dad came over on Sunday (without my mom because my mom was sick) and took us to dinner, then helped us decorate our tree. We had so much fun and Austin and Ethan just loved putting the ornaments on. Austin had more fun with the beaded garland. Ethan stuck all the ornament on one branch...and I mean like 6 or 7 ornaments. That poor branch just about had it.

Thanks, Gramps for coming out to see us. Ethan had so much fun decorating with you and he was in heaven that you were there. We definitely missed my mom and I'm glad she's feeling better today!!

OK...Bryan's dad's birthday party. We all congregated at the Hill household (Bryan's parents) and he was surprised to see Marisa (Bryan's sister) and her kids, and other close friends and us! We were kind of expected - he already knew we were coming. This picture is the chaos that happened before I actually took a picture of all of them looking at me. Let me tell you...VERY hard to get all of them to actually take a picture together.

Papa (and Ethan) blowing out his birthday candles. Bud was excited that we were all there and we pretty much ate like kings and queens with the meal that Terri prepared. Happy Birthday Bud!!
No comments:
Post a Comment